Rog very graciously passed admiration of my artistic talents... tempted as I am to keep quiet and let folk believe I can sign write - I can't... I CAN order vinyl lettering over the internet and apply it quite well though lol.
It's temporary... I was sick of looking at a blank box and having received an astronomical quote to have it done properly, I thought I'd take a punt and see how it looks.
I think it's ok.
This week, I've mustered all my remaining energy in an attempt to have the boat as finished as it can be before our first cruise.
The seats whilst higher (as planned) are quite hard on the old btm and the sides hard on your back. SO, I set to and made a few padded seats and back supports using left over bits of wood, foam and leatherette from work.
I've made one for each side along with another back pad for either side rear if you follow.
It DOES make such a difference.
Along with the pads, today I made some more steps for the front cabin - the current ones having been the cut down version of the prototype I made before we got the boat.
Luckily, we had a couple of bits of the chunky wood I used on the rear steps left over so they match. At the moment, I don't plan to box them in for storage but I've left a gap behind the bottom step to allow for a chuck of wood to slot in if I change my mind.
Once they've had a couple of coats of Morrels they'll look close enough in colour to the ash.... I hope!
I didn't have enough wood to complete it so tomorrow I'll dig around at work and prepare some for the weekend... it'd be nice to get it done and the wires hidden away.
We'll have had the boat 6 months this coming Sunday.
Until next time...