On reading the email, it went on to say he'd appreciate me letting him know what else I expect in regards salary payments and also to ask if I could come in to the office soon to go through a few things with him.
It would be churlish of me NOT to try and help him wrap up the residential lettings side of my former employment so I've suggested I walk up there next Wednesday. I've also suggested if he has the cash available that he might like to pay me August and Septembers pay together next week as a PILON (pay in lieu of notice) so I can be P45'd off at the end of August rather than Sept.... makes no difference to me as my second hand operation is imminent anyway, I'll NOT be employable for another 6-8 weeks.
I've not had a response yet but as it stands, I still intend to go in on Wednesday as offered.
BEFORE then however, I'm going to (assuming the rain passes today as per the weather forecast) do a bit more painting/touching up here and there and then ready the boat... well I say ready, I mean make sure the water tank is full and there is 'space' in the
REWIND a bit and on Sunday, my oldest friend came down and became our first over-night guest. She brought diner with her but we ended up in the pub having a (discounted voucher) different meal and a few drinks - succeeded by a moonlight chug to turn the boat and return to the mooring.