On Wednesday, I could put it off no longer. Spurred on by a couple of chaps further down the cut painting the roof of another boat, I'd ran out of excuses.
SO I got the stuff out and then had a bit of a ponder how I was going to go about it. BEING 'Mr Prepared', I'd long ago bought a flour dredger to use as a sprinkler - at work we used to drill holes into a plastic Heinz baked been jar and use that. FINDING the darn thing took quite a while I'll grant you. Instead of putting it with the paint or granules, I'd filed it in a foot stool with some paper work I needed to deal with - LUCKILY, whilst getting ready, I spotted Dan (from another boat) who'd asked me about solar controllers a few weeks back and I remembered where I'd put an article I'd saved for him... yes, in aforementioned footstool.
We don't often walk on the roof by the solar panels but I decided to do a strip of non-slip down either side anyway... given that if someone has walked half way down on non-slip, their brains will assume the hole roof is too if you follow.
WHILST in the footstool digging out the info for Dan, I also came across something else I'd filed away - a long time ago.... it was a sheet I'd printed off, describing what horn signals mean.
I decided to dig out the label machine (I knew where that was, having knocked it off my shelf the other day) and abbreviate them with a view to sticking them outside.