Wednesday 15 November 2017

Cash back on old batteries...

I forgot to mention yesterday - having phoned a local scrapper to see if it was worth taking the old batteries in to him rather than going down the tip, apparently he pays 50p a kilo for batteries at present...


SO I dropped in all 4 (the old one had been in the engine bay as ballast since it 'boiled')... and came away with 65 quid - well I say came away with, he took a photo of my debit card and promised to credit my account the same afternoon - he's probably shopping away using android or apple pay on my account as I type!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Naughty-Cal said...

I hope you filled them with water or sand before taking them to be weighted!

Quaysider said...

lol nope but I'd only recently topped them up with distilled water anyway... I have to admit, I'm quite pleased with getting something back - it never occurred to me until I read a posting on Thunderboat.

Naughty-Cal said...

Liam takes ours to work and the scrap man picks them up. Think we got £30 for the two last time.

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Now that is a fine idea and not one I would have thought of in a million years! Will keep it in mind for when ours decide to give up the ghost.
Cheers, Marilyn (nb Waka Huia)