Couple of reasons for the delay - the first being that having decided to spend the big day itself on the boat, a bit of emergency bed frame construction was required.
You'll recall the other evening we brought the fridge on to the boat - it (just) fitted through one of the murderously expensive side hatches into the lounge... where it stood for a couple of days getting in the way.
I took the doors off and put them to the correct side - I avoided writing 'right" then as they were already ON the right side just not the 'right side if you follow.
OFF we chugged down towards Fairies hill (feel free to comment ;-) ) and I executed a perfect turn in the wind... in fact, with a fair few people watching I felt rather proud.
AFTER that it all went down hill - especially at Foxholes lock... I couldn't get off the side after dropping Andy off - then, ended up being blown into the water point landing losing 2 fenders.... ONE of which ended up wrapped around the blooming prop.
Once I'd sorted that out i attempted a dash for it into the lock but the wind side swiped me into the lock approach and took off the front button - it appears the "weak link" worked well!
Add to that a fair few scrapes and waves washing over the well deck so by the time we got home, we were quite relieved to be tied up!
NO one else ventured out - us being idiots apparently lol
Lessons learned perhaps but no serious harm done - We were hoping to head off the other way today but it's been too windy again so I've made a new set of rear steps instead and done a load of washing/drying.