Follow by Email

Friday, 24 August 2018

Dry dock...

We've been incarcerated in our levitating prison now for just over 4 days... it sucks.  The boat feels awful up in the air... it sort of vibrates without moving if you follow.  It's a really weird feeling.  Thing is, we are both still walking around on the boat AS IF IT IS moving as normal - the result being we keep falling over and bashing into things... weird.


ON the plus side, the batteries are enjoying being plugged into shoreline


We arrived at the boatyard about 10 on Monday morning as instructed...  there was already a boat in the dock so we had to wait until about 1.30 before he came out and we could go in.  BY golly it was a tight ( 90 degree) turn with grps in the way to get in - VERY proudly negotiated without touching another boat...  NO way will coming out in reverse go so well!

Not much happened on the boat until about half 5, when the starboard side was scraped and jet washed....

The following day, port was done as well.

The blacking began on Tuesday with a coat being applied over the course of about 2 hours - the chap doing it was friendly enough and even declined a beer or cup of tea (rather pleased about the former as it menat I could drink it).... 

 The second coat was applied on Wednesday afternoon and I've also taken the opportuity to touch up the paint work again... THUS far,  I've not gotten around to cutting the solar panel brackets - I HAVE however got some white "rust resistant" paint to tackle the engine bay  - wish me luck.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Good luck! We are coming out the water tomorrow for bottom blacking will be pleased when it’s all done.

stevefree said...

We are also out of the water being blacked. We came out with a tractor and boat lifting trailer called Thunderbird 1. Blacking done and due back in the water soon, all well with the boat and no need for new anodes. Going for a trip up the Monty soon to scrape it off again

Naughty-Cal said...

Is there a reason you decided to do the blacking before winter rather then waiting until after the winter and any ice that may bring?

Quaysider said...

It NEEDED doing... when the boat came on the truck and was lifted into the water at the end of Oct 16, the boatyard it came from had been "touching it up" that morning - ergo, it wasnt cured properly ... rather than risk another 6 months, we adopted the "oh bugger - lets just suck up the cost now" approach lol