It's typical isn't it? - Friday was a lovely dry (if windy) day that'd have been perfect for sawing wood on the tow-path... Saturday on the other hand was grim at best - ruddy awful for most of the time.
AS such, it rather put paid to my original plan to do some more boxing in of the pipework.
Instead however, I decided to fit come recessed handles I'd ordered from our Chinese friends (at less than half the price of the identical things from Ironmongery direct). I can't for the life of me find a photo of them but they're about 50mm in diameter that sit flush with the front of the door...of course even though they're now fitted, HABIT means we are still opening doors using the top and bottom corners! These are the things.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112127760933?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=411738915767&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITvery good value for money
Having taken a good look at the doors it occurred to me it was no wonder they were looking grubby....I remembered that I never got around to varnishing them properly... SO - I made a note to do them on the next dry day... mainly because they'd need to go outside for a proper sanding.
As the weather was still manky, in a bid to progress with the "gas" I finally got around to making list of the the various adaptors I think I'll need to connect it all up... spending the best part of 100 quid before the bubble tester and regulator. With this in mind, Andy decided that whilst I THINK I am capable of doing it, he would be happier with a proper man on the job (the cheek) so I was
THAT said, I decided to sort out the wiring and switches for the ignitions - 230v for the hob and 12v for the oven. That meant a trip to Halfords for some more fuses and B & Q for a couple of single patress boxs and spurs.
Whilst buying fuses, I also got sufficient for the various 12v car sockets/usb feeds that have been popping up around the boat (ahem - which up until now I've ignored
Given that we can't reach any more from this section, it'll mean ANOTHER hole being cut a further forwards to gain access...it'll have to wait until the weekend though as it's too physical a job to do after a hard days work - work which we're not talking about presently as grinding us all down.
With the 5 blocks in the bow gas locker, the boat IS sitting much nicer at the front which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma . Ideally, I'd like to keep the weight in there but they blocks are a bit bulky. I intend taking up some floor in the front bedroom to see if there is any space to accommodate the blocks but I very much doubt it ... I DO recall seeing an advert somewhere for some steel ballast that purports to be heavier and smaller than the blocks. This might either sit in the locker better, or be able to fit on top of the blocks under the floor... Another job for the weekend.
Oh -before I go (the bath is nearly run now and it's been a very long day) on Sunday morning, about 7 am I was opening the shutters and spotted a ruddy squirrel helping itself to Andy's "squirrel proof" bird feeders.
Unfortunately, my old Nokia (think "Fisher-pricer my first phone") doesn't take very good videos but if you DO have good eyes, you can JUST about make out the little
Until next time...