Thursday, 26 October 2017
650 Hour Service...
I WAS hoping to be able to get to the 27th but alas, yesterday morning, the engine hours were on 649.4 ... ergo, time to change the engine/gearbox oils and filters again.
I know I'm a bit anal - taking photos of said consumables against the hour gauge but I do it to create a maintenance record for the boat. At some point, I'll print them out and stick them in the service book so any future owner of "Ellis" can see things were done when they SHOULD have been... AND as proof to Engine's Plus in the event of a warranty claim.
This time, it was a lot harder squeezing myself in and around the engine to drain fluids and replace the filters - a combination of me getting fatter AND the palms of my hands still not being much use.
The air filter looked particularly grubby and I did have to double check whether I'd replaced it LAST time or not...
NO matter - the job is done now and all that remains is a trip to the local tip to pour the used oil into their recycling drum... I'll get around to that some time next week.
WHY was I hoping to get to the 27th I hear you ask? - well, it'll be 1 year tomorrow since the launch of the boat. THIS time last year I was uber stressed, barely slept a wink and worrying about what might go wrong.
This time THIS year, I'm more chilled and relaxed than I've ever been... We're happily living on the boat that is almost completed. We both still can't quite believe it only took a little over 6 months of extremely hard work to get it it done. Given in my head I'd allowed a couple of years, modesty a side, I've done a good job - considering it's a first attempt.
When I've done some more work on the website, I'll come back here and have a look through the time line to see what's gone well, what we changed as we went along AND what we'd do differently if we knew what we know now.
Until next time...